A very special place where kids can be kids
Welcome to the Preschool Room. We accept children in our Preschool Room from 3 years old up to 5 years old. You MUST be FULLY toilet trained. The preschool program is a fun and exciting learning experience. We use a thematic program from September until June. Each child is encouraged to learn at their own pace while participating in the program. We teach a letter a week while also teaching an exciting theme that encourages hands on learning. Each child receives positive reinforcement and encouragement. All our themes include circle-time, music and movement, table time, free art, group time, and many more exciting experiences.
• A lunch box with an ice-pack
• A full change of clothes
• A water-bottle for outside
• A sheet, blanket and/or pillow in a sealable bag
• Sunscreen and/or bug spray
Please remember to dress for outside play. You need to wear sneakers to play on the play equipment. You will get dirty, so you shouldn’t wear any special clothes unless they can get dirty.
We are all excited about you coming to our classroom.
6:30-9:00 Children arrive (Free Play)
9:15-9:45 Circle Time / Calendar / Story
Theme / Basic Academics
9:45-10:00 Group Games
10:30-11:30 Free Play
(Outdoors / Weather Permitting)
12:30-1:00 Quiet Time (Books, Puzzles, etc.)
3:00-3:30 Wake-Up / Snack
3:30-4:30 Story Time / Group Games
4:30-6:00 Free Play
(Outside / Weather Permitting)
This schedule may change to meet the needs of the children. Free play will be outside weather permitting.
At Playtime Learning Center and Child Care, Inc., the staff understands how emotional the first day at a new center can be for both you and your child. It is our hope that, through the following information and good communication, the staff will help you and your child ease into this transition. As always, please see Miss Debi with any problems or concerns.
• Before your child starts we suggest you schedule a time in which your child can visit the center with you. We believe this works best so there are no surprises on the first day.
• Talk to your child about why they need to come to the center. Make sure they understand that you’re not just leaving them. Explain to them the best way you feel they can understand. You know your child best.
• Make sure all your paperwork for the center is completed ahead of time.
• If you think your child may need to bring something special from home (a blanket, toy, etc.) please feel free to bring it in. Sometimes it helps to bring a small photo album or picture of a loved one that they can keep with them.
• Include your child in as much of the preparation for the first day as possible. Let them help pack their lunch, their bag and pick out their clothes to wear. Please label EVERYTHING.
• On the first day try to be a little ahead of schedule so you have time to get your child settled.
• If there is anything you feel the staff should know, write it down before the first day.
• When you come into the center, you and your child will be immediately welcomed. At this time the staff person will show you where your child’s things should go. Give the staff person any additional information at this time. After a few minutes let your child know that you have to go and you will be coming back. It’s good to give them an idea of when you will be back. An example would be "I’ll be back after nap time”. It is best for everyone that you say good-bye, give one more hug and kiss and leave. It only makes it worse if you linger. If your child cries let the staff comfort them and you should go. Please do not hang around outside where they can see you, it just makes it harder on them. In most cases the children stop crying after the staff holds and comforts them.
• Please feel free to call the center ((570) 240-4413) to check on your child.
• It could take a few days to a few weeks for them to adjust. Every child is different.
• As always, if you have any questions or concerns please just ask.
Get childcare that works best for you and your child
Enrollment is available on a full-time or part-time basis.
Serving Brodheadsville, Saylorsburg, and Wind Gap.
Conveniently Located! Easy access to 33 & 80.
Give us a call at
to find out more.
Choose child care you can trust:
We're fully certified, state licensed by DPW, CCIS accepted, and serve the Pleasant Valley School District.
Our school-age program focuses on each individual child in the program. Through different activities each child is encouraged to be who they are and explore the world around them through their interests. During the school year, the children will have assistance with homework. We bus to Pleasant Valley School District.