A very special place where kids can be kids
Welcome to the Infant Room. We accept children in our Infant Room from 6 weeks to 2 years of age. The program in our Infant Room develops each child’s individual needs in their social, emotional and physical development. The staff meets these needs by following your infant's schedule and through music, movement, group play, and hands on experience within the classroom. Each child is encouraged to grow at their own pace through nurturing and love.
• Diapers and wipes - we recommend you bring a large package of each to leave at the center
• Diaper cream
• 2 crib sheets (one will be kept here in case one is soiled)
• 2 full changes of clothes
• Formula and any food
• Tylenol and any teething aids
• Sunscreen and bug spray (for infants older than 6 months.)
• A hat to wear outside on the playground
As your child grows we will make every effort to follow your schedule, however, there may be times when following the schedule is not possible. The staff may also make suggestions to better care for your child.
The Infant Room has no set schedule. We have a seperate room and follow the schedule that the parents have given the staff. Each child’s emotional, social, physical and developmental needs are met at the appropriate time each day.
At Playtime Learning Center and Child Care, Inc., the staff understands how emotional the first day at a new center can be for both you and your child. It is our hope that through the following information and good communication, the staff will help you and your child ease into this transition. As always, please see Miss Debi with any problems or concerns.
• Before your child starts we suggest you schedule a time in which your child can visit the center with you. We believe this works best so there are no surprises on the first day.
• Talk to your child about why they need to come to the center. Make sure they understand that you’re not just leaving them. Explain to them the best way you feel they can understand. You know your child best.
• Make sure all your paperwork for the center is completed ahead of time.
• If you think your child may need to bring something special from home (a blanket, toy, etc.) please feel free to bring it in. Sometimes it helps to bring a small photo album or picture of a loved one that they can keep with them.
• Include your child in as much of the preparation for the first day as possible. Let them help pack their lunch, their bag and pick out their clothes to wear. Please label EVERYTHING.
• On the first day try to be a little ahead of schedule so you have time to get your child settled.
• If there is anything you feel the staff should know, write it down before the first day.
• When you come into the center, you and your child will be immediately welcomed. At this time the staff person will show you where your child’s things should go. Give the staff person any additional information at this time. After a few minutes let your child know that you have to go and you will be coming back. It’s good to give them an idea of when you will be back. An example would be “I’ll be back after nap time”. It is best for everyone that you say good-bye, give one more hug and kiss and leave. It only makes it worse if you linger. If your child cries let the staff comfort them and you should go. Please do not hang around outside where they can see you, it just makes it harder on them. In most cases the children stop crying after the staff holds and comforts them.
• Please feel free to call the center (570-992-3935) to check on your child.
• It could take a few days to a few weeks for them to adjust. Every child is different.
• As always, if you have any questions or concerns please just ask.
Our school year is all ready to start and we have a few reminders:
• Please make sure your child has a change of clothes to leave at the center. As the weather changes please change the clothes.
• We will heat up your child’s lunch but it must be in a microwave safe bowl.
• Label everything your child brings, especially coats and sweaters.
We will be closed the following Holidays:
Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Day After Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, Good Friday, Memorial Day
Please remember that tuition is due regardless of your child’s attendance and holidays and weather closings.
If the weather is bad please call the center before you come in. You must call the center for our closings. There will be a message on the answering machine by 5:40am if we will be closed. If the center closes early due to weather or any emergency it is YOUR responsibility to either pick up your child or have an emergency contact person who can pick up your child.
Please make sure that your emergency contact is updated if any information has changed. We need to be able to get in touch with you at all times while your child is in our care. I cannot stress enough how important it is that we be able to reach you in an emergency.
Get child care that works best for you and your child
Enrollment is available on a full-time or part-time basis.
Serving Brodheadsville, Saylorsburg, and Wind Gap.
Conveniently Located! Easy access to 33 & 80.
Give us a call at
to find out more.
Choose child care you can trust:
We're fully certified, state licensed by DPW, CCIS accepted, and serve the Pleasant Valley School District.